KTM big bore

DIRTBUM

Feb 20, 2000
Hello
Have access to a new 02 520M cyl. and want to put it on my 02400M and add the rest of the stuff to make it a big bore bike. Now I see the Eric gorr kit and wonder witch way to go. I thought you just bought a 520 piston and installed it but I was wrong. You need a special piston and a new cam shaft link. Should I go with 520cyl. and get the rest of the kit from Eric gorr or should I just send the motor and let them do it. one last thing. Does the boreing of the 400cyl. make it a 520 cyl? Thanks for any help.

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
When we did the initial develpoment on the 450cc conversion, we used the 520 cylinder, head gasket, and contracted J&E to make a 95mm piston to fit the 520's cylinder and the 400's connecting rod. If you install the 520 piston and cylinder, the piston won't come up to the top of the cylinder and the compression will be low and the engine will run flatter than a 400. The difference is in the rod lengths and thats why we had to make a special piston. I won't sell the piston only, just the kit. But Thumper Racing sells the 95mm piston with a flat top so you don't have to modify the head's combustion chamber like in my kit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…