bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
No actually that is the marriage factor. I can remember anything I want ,only the stuff the wife asks for I can't remember a stinkin thing. I think, mmmmmmm , maybe.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Wolverine423 said:
Talk with Ron as he has a fix for this prob. I just don't feel like typing a full page. Although a very good brake, I just don't think the Nissin is necessary.

Well I asked Ron. His fix..and I para-phrase.."Bleed the brakes and quit wining ya sissy :nener: "

He agrees that air is getting in there somewhere but dosn't know how. Said good quality brake fluid. Keep them bled and ride on.

So

I guess thats that :think:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
the drill goes something like this:

get a large C-clamp or vice grips (large enough to go over the front caliper - say 6 inch or such) - squeeze the C-clamp on the caliper to squeeze the brake piston in as far as it will go - pull the brake lever back slowly/repeatedly til firm - or - maybe it was pull the brake lever back (and hold it back) before you tighten the C-Clamp, now tighten the C-Clamp still holding the lever, when the C-Clamp is tight, pump (slowly) the brake lever til firm.

I don't remember exactly and usually have to "retrain" myself each time I have to do it but you get the idea and generally the brake lever should hold SOLID thereafter for a good long while. (I've done it only once after getting the 09 XC, it's been fine since)

Since I remember that it's easier with 2 people I think it's the 2nd method that works so well - whatever - try it, it does work.

Oh, and by the way - do this with the wheel together/ on the bike - not with wheel removed.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
TCTrailrider said:
Zip ty the brake lever to handlebar. Let set overnight and you have great brakes for several weeks. Repeat as necessary.

HEY TCT: we gotta quit helping out these youngsters - the thanks we get is them trying to run over us on the next ride. maybe if none of them had brakes, we could stay ahead a bit longer.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
katoom125 said:
HEY TCT: we gotta quit helping out these youngsters - the thanks we get is them trying to run over us on the next ride. maybe if none of them had brakes, we could stay ahead a bit longer.
I figure there getting older faster that us. Every year the gap closes. Got to keep them hoping. :nod: Randy, when you were 40 did you ever have a 60 yr old put the whoopin on ya? :cool:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
On my 01 I replaced the oring in the front brake master cylinder, reverse bled and still had the problem. I ended up replacing the front brake hose and solved it forever. Front brake hoses aint cheap.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
TCTrailrider said:
Randy, when you were 40 did you ever have a 60 yr old put the whoopin on ya? :cool:

You'd think that I'd remember something like that but I don't - must be the alzheimers.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well I played with it a little last night and adjusted that little screw on the lever. Feels much better at the lever now. Not as mushy. Not real sure what that screw does but it did seem to help.

Still want to change the fluid and give it a good bleading

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
Well I played with it a little last night and adjusted that little screw on the lever. Feels much better at the lever now. Not as mushy. Not real sure what that screw does but it did seem to help.

Still want to change the fluid and give it a good bleading
Don, the screw just changes the bar to lever distance.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
TCTrailrider said:
Don, the screw just changes the bar to lever distance.

Well thats what I thought it was. But I didn't notice the lever move as I turned it. And the pull is way better now. Whatever it does it did something for the better. Got me thru the ride this afternoon with Slowjoe! We didn't go far but we will both be feeling it latter.

PC310005.jpg

PC310007.jpg

PC310008.jpg

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hey YZMAN400, I just want to know where I can order a "Brain Truss?"

I want to see if it will help me out; I need all the support for my brain that I can get! ;)

I do like the Truss/mush ryhme, BTW. :nod: :ride:

Top Bottom