KTM Exhaust Power Valve Cleaning?

Joe-dick

Apr 21, 2002
I'm doing some winter maintenance on my KTM 300 and I'm wondering how far into the exhaust valve I need to go for regular service. I've pulled off the linkage covers and disconnected the linkage so I can tell the valves are free and not apparently worn, but is there anything in particular I should look for? The bike runs fine, I'm just cleaning everything up during the downtime here.

Joe-dick

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
i would remove all moving parts and decarbonize them. just a good cleaning to get off anything that isn't supposed to be in there. also, make sure and lubricate the pv parts before re-installing them. I use the pre-mix i run in my gas.

Joe-dick

Apr 21, 2002
Can I do that without removing the engine from the frame? It doesn't look like I have room on my '99, hence my question.

Joe-dick

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
to get it all off and not risk getting any down in the engine you have to remove the engine. There is alot of post on cleaning pvs. Easy-OFF oven cleaner works great. Just dont let it sit on the aluminummore than a couple of minutes. You will be suprised how much crud there is in there if you never did it before.

Top Bottom