KTM SXR Adventure?

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
I have a buddy with one to sell, it's a 2000 model. Is this the same as the SR Adventure....never heard of the SXR. It's in good shape, could use some graphics. He's asking $950.

Thoughts, ideas, tips??

This is for my BIG 5 year old.

gutzi

Apr 20, 2000
I bought my son a 99 for Christmas a few years ago. In the time before spring he went from about 60 to 90 pounds. Rode the bike about 2 weeks before we needed something with more power. He would keep it wide open on the trails & it would die. Set for ten minutes & off and running for another 20 or 30 minutes. I would not recommend this if he is more that 65lbs. Definitely not enough power to race even for lighter riders. My smaller son, about 45 lbs. grew tired of it in about a month.
Price sounds fare though. Overall not a bad play bike for a beginner.
Paul

FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
These bikes are made for 5-7 lap motos and if you run them for a lot longer than this they start to break and have problems very frequently. I would deffinately recommend this but not if you aren't able to keep your son to the plan of riding for 10 to 15 minutes thaen taking a 20 minute break.

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
Interesting. Thanks for your comments. I think I'm going to wait a bit and se what else I can come up with.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
The SXR was the pro senior...the race model before the senior adventure came out. It was relagated to the adventure title whent he Pro SR came with a Liquid cooled Beta motor.
The air cooled Morini motor that is used in that bike puts out close to 9 hp when properly tuned. It should be more than enough for a 5 year old. The clutch hits fairly mild but can be upgraded. If it has the 2 shoe clutch it can be trail ridden fairly decently. The Older air cooled Cobra's used the same Morini motor and our son rode for hours with just enough time for filling the tank. They are designed for the track but are good learner bikes.
What are your plans for the bike? Just something for your kid to learn how to ride on around the yard and occasionally at the track or possibly the trail. If thats what your looking for then I'd say jump on it. That is a decent price. I sell the 2000 air cooled cobra's for closer to $1200.
If you do buy it check out www.egracing.com he specializes in the KTM morini motored bikes.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…