Bennmann66

Aug 8, 2009
Hey everyone,

I just got a new KX100 and was planning on using it to trail ride. I'm use to riding a 4-stroke bike, so this bike has alot more power. Here's my problem, the bike is Jetted to race and the guy who had it, was using it for his nephew to race. He was a big kid so the tech. Jetted to run extremely fast. I ordered the orginal Jet kit to jet it down, but besides that I really don't know much about 2-strokes. When do i change the Jet besides this time? Any other tips on making it more trail-rideable? Gas-oil mixture?

Thanks,
Ben

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
PLEASE buy this book and read it! It will be so helpful to you in understanding all the aspect of both 2 and 4 strokes and how to properly setup your bike http://www.eric-gorr.com/mxandoffroad.html

Bottom line is that jetting is jetting and changing it out if it is properly setup for the altitude and temps where you ride is stupid. The size of the kid and if he thought he was fast or not have very little to do with it. The KX100 can be a good trail bike but you just need to think out the modifications and learn to deal with a different power delivery than say a TTR125.

Top Bottom