kx 250 cylinder

gillsm

Apr 7, 2002
I had Eric Gorr punch out my 02 kx cylinder to a 265,good mod,but i wanna try the 310.My question is will a 99 kx 250 cylinder fit my 02 kx,because I might have one available but I am pretty shure that in 02 kawi changed the powervalve so i am not shure if my linkage is gonna work with the 99 cyl. ?Also ,can Eric rework my 02 265 and turn it into a 310 ? Any imput will be greatly appreciated.

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
LA Sleeve is the only company making a 310 piston kit, Max Power doesn't sell the pistons anymore.

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
I have a 99 KX cylinder made into a 310 by Eric on my bike, I am also using a 02 bottom end on that motor. The power valve in the cylinder is not the same but the cylinder and linkage all match up. I am using the Max Power piston but I have a new LA Sleeve piston, It fits but the ring end gap pins need to be moved. I have machinest friend and we are going to try it. I had a friends KTM 300 (05)piston in my hand the other day and it is a 72mm size but the ring gaps were in the right place so I thought may be Eric could make a 300 KX with that piston.? My bike runs great and dosen't need a piston now but I came by a 03 cylinder made into a 310 with out a piston so it is what I am going to try the LA Sleeve piston in it. If anyone comes out with Eric's 74mm piston again would someone let us know. Thanks Ed

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…