gillsm

Apr 7, 2002
I had Eric Gorr punch out my 02 kx cylinder to a 265,good mod,but i wanna try the 310.My question is will a 99 kx 250 cylinder fit my 02 kx,because I might have one available but I am pretty shure that in 02 kawi changed the powervalve so i am not shure if my linkage is gonna work with the 99 cyl. ?Also ,can Eric rework my 02 265 and turn it into a 310 ? Any imput will be greatly appreciated.

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
I have a 99 KX cylinder made into a 310 by Eric on my bike, I am also using a 02 bottom end on that motor. The power valve in the cylinder is not the same but the cylinder and linkage all match up. I am using the Max Power piston but I have a new LA Sleeve piston, It fits but the ring end gap pins need to be moved. I have machinest friend and we are going to try it. I had a friends KTM 300 (05)piston in my hand the other day and it is a 72mm size but the ring gaps were in the right place so I thought may be Eric could make a 300 KX with that piston.? My bike runs great and dosen't need a piston now but I came by a 03 cylinder made into a 310 with out a piston so it is what I am going to try the LA Sleeve piston in it. If anyone comes out with Eric's 74mm piston again would someone let us know. Thanks Ed

Top Bottom