yog22

Mar 20, 2007
I have a 2002 kawasaki kx 250. It runs great, but when I stop and park it for a few hours fuel somehow gets on the plug. I am unable to start it again without taking out the plug and drying it off or sometimes buying a new plug. Once the bike is running you can shut it off and easily start it again if you don't let it sit for a few hours. There is no fuel under the bike, or leaking out of the carb at any time, but somehow the spark plug is getting wet fouled while the bike is sitting.

This is getting very frustrating, PLEASE HELP!!!

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
If your running one of those NGK's with the little skinny electrobe and it gets a little wet it will do it. I switched to a BRES7 and have had that one plug in about 4 months now. With those others and I can't remeber the number I was constantly doing what you are doing and my bike is jetted right and is a 96 KX 250.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
let it idle with the gas off for 30 seconds before you shut it off. This will not starve the bike of fuel and oil, it will get rid of half of the fuel in the bowl. This way if you load it or it tips on its side less fuel will run in the motor. Its obvious you may have a float bowl out of adjustment or a needle issue though.

botos

Apr 22, 2013
I`ve got the same problem like yog22, but after i take out the plug and clean it it won``t start again ... even if a put a new plug , won`t start. I`ve got a Kx250 , 2005 model ...
What should I do with it ? :bang:

botos

Apr 22, 2013
I've done that. I'll tell you something. After it wouldn't start and i had to pull my bike home like 5 km,It's very stupid I know but i've put in it a plug from a chainsaw :)) that plug is shorter with like 5mm and it fired right away:) Don't know what to do with it, i didnt ride with that plug i just fired it and the let it idle a little and stoped it, now i have to but back the original plug to see what happens :))

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
My friend had a 2000 KX250 that would run fine one day and not start the next. Fouled plug. He re-jeted (a few times) and it went away. I think the pilot was rich and it caused a slow build up. So, the next time it was used, the plug was fouled.

Also, I have never had any luck with a plug after it has been fouled. I always throw it away.

dave

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Inside the carb are "jets". These small orifices allow fuel thru them to "meter" the amount of fuel moving thru the circuits. Re-jetting means you tune the carb for the conditions that you ride it, elevation and temperature. The jets have numbers stamped into the side of them. Going up or down in the size of the jet will change the jetting. At the top of this forum is a "Jetting Guide" Read it thoroughly several times. The process works and will resolve your issues.

Top Bottom