stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
I have a few questions maybe someone could help with.
My sons 97 60 died yesterday after tearing it apart the piston rings are seized and there is some nice gouges in the jug.
first question is this is a R&D built bike looks like the cylinder has been ported with some type of jb weld and the base gasket looks to be a oversized one. Is the normal base gasket for these bikes regular or is the thick one aftermarket.? It looks to be twice the size of normal and has a stell insert ring around the hole. I'm assuming this is a thicker head gasket to improve compression? If so where can i get one at?

Second the cylinder is pretty tore up. Not even sure if boring will clean it up. What are my options with this cylinder? are they lined and can't be bored? doesn't look like it to me.

This is his practice bike untill next year I don't have alotta money to spend rith now most if not all is going into his other race bike.
What are my options for fixing this ?
Thanks for any help.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
not sure about the base gasket but you can send the cylinder to Millenium for repair. The replate for about $160. A lot cheaper than buying a new cylinder.
i know Eric Gorr uses epoxie to change ports so thats probably what r&D did. I'd call them for the gaskets and such. Their web site is something like randd.com

Top Bottom