njkx

Apr 13, 2004
it seems like every time i crash i break my master cylinder. I'm on my third one for the season. does anyone know what breaks in these? I cant see anything broken but there is no pressure to the front brake.

reelrazor

Jun 22, 2004
You can take the perch/cylinder off and wrap the bar where it fits with teflon tape. Put it back on and it should break loose and spin on the bar instead of being wrecked when it hits the ground.

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
When you crash it jams the plunger in real fast. This in turns rips the cups,(seals). The rebuild kit from kawasaki costs $25. If you have the time, I haven't yet, you may take the cups out and shop around at some hydraulic shops to see if they can match them. The rebuild kit gives you everything, plunger, cups, spring. In my experience I only needed the innermost cup.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Run some barkbusters and it might not happen. Sure it's not cool on the MX track but who cares?

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
thanks guys, I'll take a look at these "cups". I guess there's one on each side of the plunger? Are they easy to replace? Patman, the way I crash I don't think barkbusters are gonna help me. Some dude landed on my bars last week. My bars were completely mangled. Both levers, master cylinder and throttle tube smashed. Luckily I was able to bail without him landing on me. I'm too old for this crap!

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Good thing both my YZ's don't have this problem. I've went through plenty of brake levers, but never did any damage to the master cylinder.

Top Bottom