KX front # plate on 02 CR

markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
Well back in the spring I asked if anyone knew how to get a hold of a number plate like the team Honda bikes. Well since we all know its not gonna happen I decided to run a KX plate. Had to make a small bracket out of aluminum for the top clamp and remove the cable guide mount from the lower clamp (very carefull cutting) but it fits like a glove and looks better than any aftermarket plate.WAY better that the ugly stock number plate. I wont be able to mount the stock plate on again, but who cares! (See picture in my photo galery or see link below)

http://www.dirtrider.net/TeamDRN/data/500/27466picture028.jpg

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I really like it-when i read what you did i thought yuk but it looks really cool.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Looks great! If I buy a CR next spring... may have to borrow your idea.

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
Why did you do that? I don't get it? Is it a visual thing? Or is it b/c of air flow or something? What yr # plate did you run from a KX? 250? It looks good, but I can't tell from that far away what the diff is.

markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
I did it because I totaly hate the stock Honda plate. I wanted something similar to what team Honda runs but of course its not available to the general public.There is no performance gain from it.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I have been going nuts trying to find a pic of a stock Honda plate to see what is wrong with it and finally found one. The Kawi plate does look much better. Good job.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
wow your bike is soooo purdy :) and so is that number plate...did you have to buy two sets of backgrounds or just cut your own?? Damn...that looks good

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…