KX / KDX 200 hybrid

Steen

Sep 8, 1999
I am looking for a KDX200 and found a 91 KX125 with a 91 KDX 200 motor the conversion appears professional. For trail riding is this the best of both worlds: light MX rolling frame with tractable KDX 200 motor ?
Is the KX suspension preferable over the KDX ? is there any advantages / disadvantages or am I better off spending my hard earned on a regular KDX

Cheers

Steen

Sep 8, 1999
That article is right on the mark.... what a beasty machine .....sounds like it pays to carefully check any mods done to fit the engine.

atb

DVO

Nov 3, 2001
Stay away from it, it'll be nothing but trouble...
BTW... Where can I see it, eh eh eh.
Seriously, you're making a lot of dudes jealous around here :worship:

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
More like a KDX that jumps, will make your ass sore, and has a short range. A 200exc will still eat it. I still want it!

Got KIPS?

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
My 94KX/89 200 has been very good bike, stone reliable and I’m having thoughts of doing it all over again with a newer chassis and a 220 motor, I already have the 220 all I need to find is a 2000 or newer KX125 chassis. If only I could get a set of KX forks to be as plush as my GasGas. Bike pic is at ( http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/newread6.html )

cmiyw

Oct 1, 2001
I built one last winter......... 89-94 KDX motor in a 2002 chassis....... This thing rocks!!! Nothin like disecting a new bike....... everyone thought I was crazy until they rode it in the woods. The key is not to spare expense and do it right. I used older motor because they can be tuned to run hard very easily. Other quaility componets (Scotts, Tag, Acerbis, Cycra, etc.) on top of a fresh (new never ridden) chassis mkes for a great combo. Email me if you want to see pics. This bike is also for sale........ never a better time to build since there's a new chassis for '03

RJ-KDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
KX200 and cmiyw, I was interested in building a KX220. I sent Fredette an email about the costs and mods and never heard from him. Very disappointing. Could you guys drop me an email and tell me what you had to modify. I would really appreciate it, thanks. rjones@kgkiatl.com

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Apr 10, 2001
Buy it, ride it, play with it, tune on it! I have two! If you're a bit handy and have access to a mill, a ruler, and a welder, build one! Bigest agro' is building a new pipe, either cut up a KDX pipe or Jeff will sell you pieces he gets from FMF to make your own. If I can find another 200/220 motor I'm thinking about building another.
Jeff's still trying to figure out how to turn a computer on! Call him he'll sell you what you need.

KX--DX CROSS

Jul 19, 2000
I ride a KX--KDX cross or hybrid and love it ! I bought it almost 3 years ago for $1800 from a riding buddy who put it together about 4 years before that. He rebuilt everything (92 KX 125 & 91 KDX 200 engine) before putting it together. I rode 3 different KDX bikes before this one & this one is best. I can ride hard through the tight woods in Oregon & leave most other riders behind. It had a FMF rev type pipe on it when I bought it. I put power reeds in & got the RB carb mod done 2 years ago. This bike is a strong runner and the best woods bike I've ever owned. I'd go up against a KTM 200 in the tight woods anytime. If you can get a KX-KDX cross for a reasonable price grab it ! My 2 cents, but from experience.
Gary.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…