KX/KDX motor swap radiator question

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
When using a KX125 chasis and KDX200/220 motor which radiators are used? KX or KDX radiators, or does it make a difference? I thought KX as it goes with the frame but then again the plumbing looks different. I bet you use KDX radiators and make them fit the frame with brackets, right?

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I haven't done this swap myself, but I've followed all of the posts in case I decided to build one myself. I think you use the KX radiators.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
Really? I looked at the parts at www.BuyKawasaki.com and the plumbing is different. Can you cite the reference or post stating KX radiators? I have read most posts and that detail escaped me.

Thanks
-Eric

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
KX radiators. You can just use automotive heater hose to hit the inlet/outlet. Even if you used the KDX radiators your stock rubber hoses would not fit properly.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
Checked out your site to death. Even emailed you about it. Pm'ed as well. Found your email on the net but I guess it was not right. DynoPort can still make the exhaust as of 12-17-06 so I got my big issue solved.

Anyhow....

1) Did you use KX radiators
2) Were there any issues with electrical

Thanks!

Bucket

Jul 4, 2001
Thanks doodes..

The larger tank is an IMS. Kinda looks like a frog if you ask me.
I used the KDX rads BTW.

Ebec.....check your email and don't hesitate to ask any questions. I'd be happy to answer any.

I can't take all the credit although I did all the physical work myself. JustKDX,Eric Gorr and Jeff Fredette have been a HUGE assest in my person project. And I can't forget the best KDX site in the world.....JustKDX..thanks Canadian Dave.

As far as the new 4-strokes...they rock. I now ride the new KX250F power plant and their awsome. Ya have to ride them like 4-stokes and not 2-stokes. The maitance is really not that bad if you treat them right.

Joe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…