MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
I changed the oil bladder and oil in the shock on my 99 KX250. I had it recharged with 170psi, instead of the stock 142psi. I servised my shock last year with no problems. I got the bike back together, when I push down the back end it rebounds very slowly. Even with the adjustment all the way the softest setting it`s very slow rebounding. What did I do wrong?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sounds like the rebound needle is stuck fully in-sometimes when you ride the force of the oil will free it off and full adjustment will return.

MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
When I took the shock apart I forgot to "back off" the rebound adjustment, it was set 2 clicks from the hardest setting. When I reassembled the shock it was very hard to push the rod in and out to bleed the shock, I asked a shop what the problem might be. They told me the rebound needle was stuck in the hard setting and I would have to take the shock apart to push the needle down with a small drill bit. I didn`t want to take it apart again so I added a little air-pressure to the bladder to move the needle, it seemed to work because moving the rod in and out got a little easier. Maybe it is something with that needle because of the way I took the shock apart without backing off the rebound adjuster? Is this a possibility?

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Mike thats probably the best thing to do Im sure you must have had a hard time bleeding the shock. when the reb needle is stuck its real hard to stoke the shock to bleed out the air . Ive had this happen in the past and use a small allen key to push carefully against the rebound needle . Its also good practice to flush that out and blow air through the end of that shaft and bypass hole . If you did it before it would now make for good practice. Also if that reb adjuster was stuck theres really no way you could have properly bled out the air before reassembly. Good Luck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom