DR4Ztrokes

Aug 16, 2001
Anybody have recommendations on handguards for 2003 KX100? My sons need just the MX type (not barkbuster). The Acerbis site lists fits for KX80/85 but nothing for the KX100. Perhaps the handlebar and levers are actually the same and it is an oversight?

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I put Acerbis Flag hanguards that were ment for a RM 250, onto a Husky 50 Sr. Trimmed them to make the size look better. More than likely the ones you mentioned will fit. I would bet that the clutch side will for sure. The brake side would be the one in doubt. But even if it doesn't. It will be easy to fix.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I work at a kawie dealer and we have replacements for the KDX that fit the KX100. When I get to work tomorrow I'll double check for size but I am sure they will work. If the width of the mountng holes on the guard is wide use some of the extendors(the little bolts with the tall head and a threaded recepticle in the top fot the upper mount bolt like on the KDX.) ;)

Good Luck,
Phillip

DR4Ztrokes

Aug 16, 2001
Thanks for that good information. It amazes me how these manufacturers don't seem to take the few extra steps that would be needed to check/confirm/list that their existing products actually cover other applications.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Home from work.......The KDX guards will work due to the perches being the same size, you will need the extention bolts though, I checked the price and we charge $1.50 per bolt.

Foxpilot

Jul 24, 2002
All the sizes fit. I have a kx100 and got the acerbis mx handguards for the kx125/250, they fit and look great. People even use these oens ont he kx60/65.

DR4Ztrokes

Aug 16, 2001
I ended up getting Acerbis MX Lite. The mounting kit for the KX85/100 was same as the bigger big Kaw bikes according to the label. Went on nicely. They are a new reduced size handguard for those that want something smaller. The result is they look exactly the right size for this size bike.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom