yzmarcimus

May 7, 2003
I am trying jet the KX100 for the heat and humidity. I know I am rich but in general does anybody know how many sizes to drop. I have gone down 2 on the main, 1 on the needle and one on the slojet. (Still very rich) Can anybody out there give me some sort of baseline on the jets you're using?

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
I dunno what the real "forumula" is for working this out, so I kinda just did some trial runs to get my KX dialed in. I went to a 128 main jet (for summer), dropped the clip one, and adjusted the air screw also. I haven't touched the other jet. However, I'm riding above 8000 ft, it's not humid at all, and I've got aftermarket head/exhaust/reeds, so I don't know how that would compare to your bike. Also, I carry a 125 main jet for riding mtn passes and re-jet mid-ride sometimes. One note not exactly about jetting is that my bike was still real spoogy even with that setup, so I changed from 32:1 to 40:1 premix and the bike runs much better now with less spooge so I don't have to repack the pipe every two seconds anymore.

Where (at what altitude) are you located?

yzmarcimus

May 7, 2003
Thanks for the post. I am running; Boysen 2 stage reeds, gnarly pipe, 115 main,50 slow jet, N5HH needle at the top. Problem is, I am at 300' ASL and today, as usual I can grab a handfull of air and ring a cup of water out! I can't get past 1/4 throttle! Needles are hard to come by so I am considering cutting some slide valve off or changing float bowl level. Just can't remember which way to go on the level to lean things out across the board. The 40:1 sounds good for splooge control but I have read posts that say that richens things, (more gas, less oil) and have also seen posts that have it the other way around!
Any way thanks for the info, with each new piece I'm starting to see the puzzle.

Mark

YZ80
KX100
YZ125
TTR225

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom