KX65 Sputtering On Top End

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Hey Fellas,

My kids KX65 idles perfectly, pulls like hell through the midrange but starts to sputter out on the top end?
The bike is a 2002 and to the best of my knowledge, is bone stock. What should I do to get the top end happening?

Cheers
B2
:cool:

ncflattracker

Jan 1, 2006
If I remember correctly I think on those 65's there was a bulletin out on those for the reed corners cracking badly causing a performance problem.

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
I'll check that out today....
I have a friend that says I should pull and clean the exhaust system as well.
He said it may be oiled up and restricting the exhaust output. I have fiberglass repacking material so maybe that might help as well?
What do you think?

B2

shoplifter5

Mod Ban
Sep 13, 2006
what is the temperature outside? my cr was doing that when the temp changed to colder outside and i leaned the mixture out and its perfect now.

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Any suggestions on what type of reed I should get?
I was looking around the Boyeson website and they have 2 or 3 options on reeds...

Cheers
B2

dimitri

Aug 23, 2004
If you stick with a stock type reeds in your 65, we have had good luck with the boyesen power reeds, on the other hand we usually just swap in a v-force.

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
I decided to try the Power Reeds.
I called Boyesen and they were very helpful in directing me to what they thought would work well.

Thanx
B2

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…