razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Hey Fellas,
Thats the only way I can describe the sound?
My son was practicing yesterday at Piru and there was another KX65 there that sounded a lot quieter and even a bit smoother than my sons KX65.
Both bikes were running stock pipe and silencers....
My sons bike is very brappy sounding and I was wondering if this could be indicative to some sort of problem that may be happening?
I tore his silencer down last night to see if maybe the packing needed replacing. It looked good to me but I am going to replace it regardless.

TIA

B2

rm60kid

Nov 12, 2006
i have an2003 rm60 and mine sounds brappy as you described it

p.s.it probably sounds like that because its packing did you ever replace it before if you did its probably just the different brand of the packing

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
Could be a difference in the 2 kids riding styles? Maybe the other kid is a gear up and less on the throttle? Were they similar in lap times? Also if it sounds braaaaaaaaaaa ppppyyyyyyyyy (where it has a flat spot) check the jetting, do a forum search for tips on jetting.

razorboy

Jul 12, 2005
Turned out to be the packing!
The packing that I removed from the canister looked like shredded cotton and there was a LOT of it in there. The stuff was also quite heavy for just being packing material?
I replaced it with FMF batting for 2 strokes and now it is much quieter and smoother sounding. I also cleaned out the perfs inside and used new silicone to seal both end caps.

Thanx for the replies fellas!

B2

Top Bottom