KXEric

Feb 10, 2002
I have a KX250 with Race Tech parts, so I was told by the previous owner. I want change the fork oil and play with the vicosity and fork oil height. I want a smoother ride in the woods, but still want to be able to go to the motocross track and not have the bike bottom out on every jump. What part does the oil height and viscosity of the oil play in my setup? I am 210lbs, and ride very agressive. I race Hare Scrambles, Enduros and practice Motocross.
How can I tell if I have race tech parts? I haven't change the oil, and I know that it should be changed every few races for best the best results. I don't want to play with the stacks, springs or valving right now. I'll play with the compression and rebound screws.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
eric: the oil viscocity has little efffect on damping speed- its all in the valving. running more oil will help stop te bottoming.

you can only find out if it had racetech pistons by taking it apart. the search function is broke, i will try to find some disassembly threads for you later

KXEric

Feb 10, 2002
Thanks for your reply. I am going to raise the fork oil level a little bit from stock go with a 7.5wt oil and back off of the compression clicker a few clicks.

Thanks for your advice.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom