250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Is there really a difference between mens and womens biking boots?If so,what is the difference?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
The women's ones are usually an inch shorter and the lower end of the boot line. I think the only ones that are any type of good quality are the A-Star Tech 6.

I myself don't wear any of the women specific boots. I have been wearing SG-10s for a few years now and have been very happy with them.

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
I got SG-10's a little while back, men's size 7, but they seem to big - in the heel. As in, the heel recedes, so if my ankle is bent a certain way, it's possible for the foot to slide back. Do you have this problem? My other boots have been mens size 7, so I am not sure what to do.
I ordered mine online, keep meaning to find a local place that has them in stock, so I can try on a smaller size..

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Right now I have a pair of used tech 6 alpinestars boots.They are a mens size 9,so they are way too big everywhere.I need a mens 7 or 8.I would like to get a new pair in the spring,so I am wondering wether I should get mens or womens boots.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You really have to try them on to see how they feel. I know a lot of girls/women that race or just ride and none of them wear the women specific boots. Almost all of them wear SG-10s or Tech 8s. The majority wearing SG-10s.

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Definitely go with men's boots. I'm still saving my pennies for the SG-10s. Had to go with Berik Ovs Pros for now and love them. Their sz. 7 fits a women's 8-8.5 perfectly and having the right size made a world of difference for me. Oh, and when you do find them somewhere to try on, don't let the sales rep get away with saying," You don't want those, here, try on some youth boots." I still can't believe my head didn't explode right there and then.

motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
Whatever Suits You.

I personally find women's boots very restrictive. SG-10s are the way to go, as everyone else has said. I know many girls who like women's boots and I know many girl's who like the mens. I think your best bet is to go to a local dealer and start trying on the whole lot and see what best suits you. Good luck! :)

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Thank you for the replies everybody.I think I will take your advice and just try on some different mens and womens boots and see what fits and feels the best.Thanks again everybody,you all help so much :worship:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom