Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I heard that too, I'll confirm Tuesday when I'm at Lansing Cycle.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Yep very possible in quick converations with him and brother Rich, both feel that the RFS 400,450,520 etc are TOO MUCH bike. They are great for wide open racing but for the majority of the races a 250 is more than enough once properly set up.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I tend to agree with them. I just sold my 02 400EXC and a going to buy an 03 250 EXC 2 stroke next week. I loved my 400 but I never needed all the power that it had and after riding a 250 and a 300 EXC I found it harder to flick around than the lighter 2 smoke bike.

Garyb

Jul 20, 2000
Why did Lafferty convert the 400 to a 450 this year ?...
He seemed to be faster on the 450 this year, but I think for the real tight stuff you will never beat the 2 stroke.
My .02c

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I've heard this rumor, too. I can't figure out why he'd swap back after being so dominant in the enduro series and doing so well in the GNCC's.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Yeah, I would tend to agree...Mike arguably had his best overall season ever this year and he was riding the thumper. It would make more sense to stay on the four-stroke and build on that success next year. Obviously, he's been dominant on the enduro circuit for a long time, but he really made a breakthrough this year in the GNCCs and that happened on the thumper. I personally don't believe it was the motorcycle, it was just Mike and his hard work finally paying off in that series. He might have done as well or better on the 250 two-stroke. But still, why mess with the recipe if it's working so well? It would be like Carmichael switching to the CRF this year for motocross and Tim Ferry stepping off the YZF onto the YZ250 two-stroke.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
Michman may no something about forks but obviously he is too scared to come up and ride a CDN enduro. He always finds a reason to chicken out! Right Napper??? Are you guys coming up to the National up here in on the 27th?

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Yeah thats pretty funny Scotty. The reason I cound not make it was i want some of the CDN folk to at least a couple of trophys. ;) Will not be there since we are having a Trailfest here in MI.

Napper

Top Bottom