mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
today we were going to practice at a motocross track but it was so windy that we decided to ride some local trails. the trails are on the downstream side of the dam at the lake. there is a small tt practice track there too. it was me, my daughter kendall, my nephew stevie, his grandfather david, motox757 and his son mason. 757 is a drn member but doesn't post. we started off riding the tt track. it is basically an oval with two jumps. most of the guys that ride there don't jump so david (he just got a new crf 450) and i put on a little air show for them. david was hitting about 80 feet and i was getting about 70. we had probably thirty people watching us. they had never seen anyone jump that far there. sometimes it's fun to show off.:cool: they are amazed when we take our helmets off and they see that we are both in our forties. david, 757 and i went for a trail ride and left the kids at the tt track. the trails are pretty fast and wide. that's the way i like them. they were made by atv's. most of the dirt is pretty good but some of the hills are a little rocky (although nothing like that whiterock nitemare). we found a fun hill climb that led to more trails but 757 wasn't up for the climb (he's strictly a motocrosser) so we didn't get to check out that area. most of the trails generally follow the river bottom, winding through the trees and across a few small creeks. nothing too difficult but not boring either. we went back to the tt track and grilled some dogs and sausages ala heartland spodes (gotta keep the cholesteral level up). after lunch, we decided to take the kids on a trail ride. a young couple rode with us. he was on an xr250 and she was on a ttr125. it was a slow but fun ride. i enjoy watching the kids and seeing their improvements. stevie seemed to have a problem with stalling his xr100 (he just got it last week) but otherwise we had no real problems. we finished our ride then rode the tt track some more. i took about 20 laps on david's 450. it's an awesome machine. after about five laps, i was jumping it as far as my cr. if i can be convinced that they really are easy to start, i might get one. david had more than one episode of starting problems today and he is a long time 4 stroke rider. the girl on the ttr borrowed her boyfriends xr and started riding the tt track. she was out-jumping him. it was kinda funny. he was cool about it and seemed genuinely proud of her. we are trying to convince her to race. she would do well in the women's classes here. the kids found some old cow bones which gave them a thrill. then one of them told my daughter that there were some bones under some old carpet dumped out in the woods. she was out there digging thru the trash trying to find them (who raised that weird kid anyway)? we took the kids on another trail ride. when we got back everyone of them complained because we didn't go through the muddy trails. mason said he wanted his dad to get his money's worth at the car wash. it was almost dark as we were loading up the big bikes. then we heard the siren go off at the dam. that meant that they were releasing water. the kids jumped on their bikes and hauled down there to watch (fastest they rode all day). one last thrill on a long, fun day of riding.

the heartland spodes are going to have to come ride here someday. we had a good time.:)

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We'll do it. We need to come to your neck of the woods and ride. I rode Apalachia Bay for about an hour. Too many Billy Bob's on the trails so I packed it up and went home. I couldn't quite handle much more seat time in a truck for a few more days.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Sounds like a good time. Lets set a date. Glad you guys had a good time today. Note to self: Make sure you put the carb back together on the kids KX correctly. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the track today. Poor mechanic skills + rain = upset son! :ugg:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i received this email today from george (motox757). i hope he doesn't mind that i posted it. this is what it's all about...

Jay,
Thanks again for the invite to the Hudson Lake riding area. Mason and I had
a great time! Mason gave me one of the biggest hugs that I have received
from him in a long time when we were out there. He had an awesome time. He was up early this morning with me and he couldn't stop talking about the
Sunday outing.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Where's Hudson lake at??

Talk about Billy Bubbas on quads....I had about 20 of them cheering me on as I worked my way up a really nasy muddy rocky section. I tried hard to roost em. I just kept thinking you idiots, where are your helmets?:mad:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
Where's Hudson lake at??

Talk about Billy Bubbas on quads

northeast oklahoma, 6 miles east of pryor. i only ride there about 2-3 times a year.

there were a bunch of billy bobs there too. it's weird. everyone there on bikes had on a helmet. none (zero) of the quad guys did.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
It was an awesome day! On the way home (had a hour drive back home) it begin to rain. When we got home, Mason and I had to unload in the rain. My Wife said that we had just missed the hail. We were both soaked after unloading the truck. We didn't wash the bikes until Monday evening.

Mason has found some speed recently. He has been riding with other kids who are at the same basic skill level and it has motivated him to twist the throttle a little further. I can't get enough of watching him progress. Recently he has talked about racing, but first he want to get off of that XR80 and get a two-stroke... ...I'm getting all misty here as I type... hahaha...

547, keep me in the loop for rides. I hardly ever venture over to this board. BTW, where do you post upcoming heartland spode events/rides? In this forum?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by motox757
547, keep me in the loop for rides. I hardly ever venture over to this board. BTW, where do you post upcoming heartland spode events/rides? In this forum?
You can go HERE.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Thanks, bswift...

I am getting the hang of this place... Lotsa different forums, kinda like riding a new woods trail for the first time. You can get lost easily... haha...

Top Bottom