"Last Man Standing" 2 Finish out of 126!

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000

Attachments

• brutal.jpg
    brutal.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 674

qa50

Dec 5, 2006
Well, That's not really true. The rest of the night riders besides the two Brits had split into two groups and were working together across the obstacles. The trail boss stopped both groups on the trail and said they would be scored in their current position. No one quit.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
qa50 said:
Well, That's not really true. The rest of the night riders besides the two Brits had split into two groups and were working together across the obstacles. The trail boss stopped both groups on the trail and said they would be scored in their current position. No one quit.

No, his post says only two out 126 finished. He never mentioned that anyone quit. Two riders completed the entire course, "they finished" the race. The article states the remaining 10 riders were still a long way off when the race was basically called. That isn't quitting, and that isn't finishing.

Mully

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I agree Mully, however I have been to the LMS and it isnt a race, it is more of a spectacle. I admire David Knight and his abilities, however this event ranks just short of Endurocross for what I would consider quality off road racing. By the way I love the Erzburg Enduro, there at least there is a chance of finishing. As notorious as the Blackwater was, it recieved better attendance, both in participants and spectators. What does that tell you???

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I know a person can helicopter through the woods, but can you helicopter through the rocks ???? ;)

I wonder how long after the first two riders crossed the finish line they decided to close down the race and go fish the boys out.??????

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
D Lafleur said:
I agree Mully, however I have been to the LMS and it isnt a race, it is more of a spectacle. I admire David Knight and his abilities, however this event ranks just short of Endurocross for what I would consider quality off road racing. By the way I love the Erzburg Enduro, there at least there is a chance of finishing. As notorious as the Blackwater was, it recieved better attendance, both in participants and spectators. What does that tell you???

I agree. From a spectator's perspective, it left much to be desired. It is purely a "made for TV" event in my opinion. :pissed:

David Knight is a freak. Incredible rider with superb conditioning. I did enjoy watching him make some of that stuff look easy. :cool:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Mully said:
I wonder how long after the first two riders crossed the finish line they decided to close down the race and go fish the boys out.??????

Once they were considered an hour behind they started sending them in. Bobbitt and Cooper were told they were finished after they had gone through Joshua Tree. I'm not sure what the mileage was there.

I guess they only paid the two finishers. Third was considered the same as 128th. No plaque, just one worn out rider and trashed bike.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
D Lafleur said:
Fredette is also a freak.
These guys are my kind of freaks! :cool: :nod:
Anybody seen an "official" list of the final standings?

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Thanks, again, DW!! Ken

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
When the race was called(partly due to EMS) it was 8:30~ and Knight and Baybrook had cleared my section... the "gang was 2~ hrs behind. The course had to be cleared by 10pm.

Guy was incredible... my section had a wall 10' tall... he rode up like a trials guy, he and Knight were the only 2 to do it!

Very impressive if you want to see the some of the toughest boys on 2 wheels!

apb

Feb 1, 2005
Speed is going to finally air the race on 2/24 at 6pm PST, so those of us who weren't there can see what the carnage looked like.. Should be a good show.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I cleaned this thread up, let's behave this time boys.

Mully

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom