leaking oil like crazy

PAT WS6

Apr 20, 2009
its leaking some where from the bottom? how hard is that seal to change down there? what could this be from?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I noticed from your earlier posts you have a 93rm125. I would believe the tranmission oil is leaking from somewhere around one of the engine gaskets. A good wash would let you see better where it's coming from.

Aug 30, 2009
check your clutch cover gasket the oil might be leaking out there,running along the bottom of the crankcase and dripping out the bottom

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Shifter seals can leak. So can countersprocket shaft seal, but usually only when running on bikes I've had.

PAT WS6

Apr 20, 2009
its leakin on the side of the clutc lever, so im sure its on the cover and the gasket that covers it. any help? where can i buy seals and what not for that stuff besides suzuki..

Mar 18, 2006
The clutch lever side is the "left" side, or maybe the "shifter" side. The small cover on that side covers the magneto. It should be dry behind there. Countershaft seals can leak even when the shaft is stationary (probably any seal can?). Shifter-shaft seals can leak too. Both those can be replaced from the outside.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
You can't seriously expect much help with as little information as you've provided. A detailed description of exactly where it is leaking or even a photo would go a long way to getting your issue resolved.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
also don't use jb weld. it does NOT work in long term, it will eventually just come off.

miles11we

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 15, 2006
a cheap gasket ... that broke... that kinda means if u want to fix it for good, and not look like a hack, and not do hack things than split the cases and replase the gasket after checking the surface of the meeting points (where the gasket lays) of the cases for small knicks, dents, large scratches, or cracks. if the surface is good than you can put her all back together but wile ur at it u might as well do a top and bottom end wile she is all dissassembled. but ya dont do any stupid stuff like jb weld or any sealants or glues. if i ever did that i wouldnt let go, id end up tearing it out within two hours of doing it..

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008

Now we're splitting cases for a leaking gasket????? :bang:

Figure out EXACTLY where the leak is coming from, and replace the leaking gasket or seal. From the "clutch lever side", there are only a few places it could be. Contershaft seal, shifter seal, or magneto cover. If it's coming out the magneto cover then yeah, you'll have to replace crank seals. This may or may not be doable without splitting cases, depending on your bike.

J.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
julien_d said:
Now we're splitting cases for a leaking gasket????? :bang:
Figure out EXACTLY where the leak is coming from,
J.

Wash the engine on your bike until all of the grease and crud is gone from the bottom of the engine. Then go ride the bike. Then look underneath the bike and see EXACTLY where the oil is coming from.

Pretty simple huh? :coocoo:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…