CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Okay so here is the deal, lately I have been noticing the odd dust build up on my carb. When I wipe it off I get the gassy dirt smell. So I figure the dirt is sticking due to gas leaking out the carb :silly: But im not to sure if this is the problem or not. A lot of local riders say don't worry and this and that, but I am slightely concerned because I don't want dirt getting in my gas etc.....

I have 3 pics to look at that I tried to get the best shots of the "Wet" dirt, it's hard to see in some pics and all of it doesn't show. But at the seem of where float bowl screws to the carb there is always dirt on that seam. At first I thought it was that seal but since I see this wet dirt on different spots of the carb, my mind has since been changed.

Anyways look at the pics and tell me if im nuts or not :confused:

ps. this is on a 01 CR250 and the carb was clean before the ride, mind you it was pretty dusty, I still want to know if this is normal?

PIC 1
PIC 2
PIC 3

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Since the dust is concentrated around the union between the carb/airbox boot I'd say what's happening is the seal between the two isn't very good. This is allowing some fuel vapor from the carb to escape and thus collect dirt. Try cleaning the carb's flange and the airbox boot too, there might be some crud trapped that's not letting it tighten fully. Hope this helps ya.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
:)

rc331

Jun 18, 2002
CanadianRidr

Are you sure you weren't in my garage taking pictures of my 01 cr250? ;)
thats exactly the way mine looks after a dusty ride. :confused:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom