leatt?

brookesdad

Sep 15, 2007
I think I have decided on getting a Leatt brace due to disc issues in my neck. I cannot find any shop locally that carries them so I haven't been able to try one on.

Is the Leatt club worth the price difference over the adventure model?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I would think if you already have issues that any price difference if it results in less possibility of injury and more comfort would be worth it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The big decision between the Club and the Adventure comes down to your size generally. If you are a slight to average build with a normal length neck the Adventure will likely be fine. Due to the Adventure having no adjustibility someone stocky with a short neck like me needs the Club model to be able to adjust the fit.

Also I have yet to see it but Alpinestar is coming out with a more affordable option to their original brace as well.

http://www.btosports.com/p/ASTARS10BNSSB#

brookesdad

Sep 15, 2007
would think if you already have issues that any price difference if it results in less possibility of injury and more comfort would be worth it.

if that was the only case I would buy the $800 version.

I did break down and buy the Leatt club through ebay for $345.00. I like the look of the Alpinestar better and prefer the way it distributes the impact off the collar bone better but I also need the hyperextension/hyperflexion support the Leatt offered.

railer

Nov 4, 2005

Don't mind Patman, he's got a wise-ass remark for everything and apparently money is no object to him. Must be nice.

I paid 395.00 for my club brace and love it! I had the ability to try on both and I would say you made the right decision not getting the adventure. The lack of adjustability would have made you regret it. Tried on the alpinestar too, but it was around 700 bucks back then and I couldn't justify that. Also, I did research and found that the same people that developed the "Hans" device for Nascar helped out with designing the Leatt. Good enough for me!

Brian.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…