Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I know there's been some brief talk in other threads about lens filters and what's good and what's not. How many of you use them? ie...UV filters, polarizing filters etc... ??? Also, are the filters another one of those you get what you pay for type things? Is using a UV filter indoors a big deal? I personally keep my UV filter on all the time but that's mainly because it's a cheap guard to keep from scratching the actual lens. To some it up, I guess I'm just looking to start a thread all about the use of filters and get some opinions... Thanks. :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
A lot of folks use UV filters if for nothing else, to protect their glass. I use a Sigma EX-DG (Hoya) on my 24-70 and 70-200. Like anything else, there are good and "okay" filters. If you are running good glass, get a good filter.

I use a circular polarizor on my kit lens for good contrast in landscape stuff. Contrary to popular belief, there are good copies of that 18-55 cheapo that comes with the camera kit ... example, the pic in this forum of the Gaylord was done with that lens.

Top Bottom