Lighting coil

spctrbytz

Oct 28, 2004
Looking for a lerger (75W?) lighting coil for an '02 200. I was told by a vendor that their supplier no longer makes tham. Is there a reliable source for a heavy-duty lighting coil?

Thanks

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
since the coil for lighting has such a big wire you can take it to a alternator shop and they can rewind it with wire that will increase the voltage. Just call around your area and see what they say.

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
I have a moose lighting coil with a baja designs dual sport kit. Shines bright, works great and install was a breeze. It was also relatively cheap.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Moose sources theirs from Electrex. It's Electrex that supposedly isn't making them anymore. There have been reports of them still being available on some parts store's shelves.

Talk to/check out rickystator.com He will either rewind yours, or maybe has some for sale/exchange? Just did. He does have a 65W coil available.

BTW, the labeling on the Electrex coils I've seen have two different wattage ratings on different packaging. One of 'em says 65W, one says 70W. Somebody is being optimistic, it seems.

Attachments

• RSLT4_T.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 206

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000

moose still has them in stock. I got mine less than a month ago and it was well after Electrex stopped with the coils. Electrex doesn't have them anymore due to their supplier shutting down.

JimWilson

Aug 29, 2001
BajaDesigns rewound stator

I had Baja Designs rewind the stock stator on my '97 KDX/200 to get 70 watts. Quality work, quick turn-around and plenty of juice. Their current shop charge is $90, I believe.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…