KJJ

Jul 8, 2008
Getting back into dirt riding after a long absence. Got my cousin to bring his bkie up over the 4th and we ran a short piece of the MCCCT leading into the Lincoln Hills loop. MCCCT segment was pretty choppy, especially one hill where the trail is now more of a narrow trench. Thought I had lost most of my riding skills, staying in 1st and 2nd gear most of the time, until we got to the Lincoln Hills loop. That made me realize how bad that 1st section was. Just a little mud here and there, but there was one 4' "cliff" that my cousin center punched. We were heading west on the south side of the loop, and it sure would have been a worse surprise if we had been heading east and dropped off that "cliff" onto the short stretch of wet trail with the next turn coming up quick. You have been warned!

Rest of ride (and the trail) was great, until his plug fouled and I towed him out. Need to put together a trail repair kit, I guess (we both bought plugs afterwards).

Anyway, hope this info is of value to someone out there.

KJ

OVER 50

May 29, 2006
Welcome KJJ. Glade you're getting back out on the trail. Just takes time to get back up to speed, an find the type of trail that best fits your style. Enjoy! :cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
KJJ - welcome to the nuthouse. Be patient - stuff that you currently describe as a 4 foot cliff, 3 years and some more saddle time from now, you will describe as "oh...yeah I guess there was a steep spot there". Good idea on having some tools and trail spares with you when you ride.

Hey, bring that IT to the Pinecone FES event 7/26 - there is a vintage "exhibtion" class - just a fun ride - I would love to see some more vintage bikes there. Then hang around and watch some sections of the Jackpine on Sunday.

Top Bottom