gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
1- medium sized 5 year old
2- very active and on his way to being an aggressive woods rider like his brother and father
3- woods
4- 1 1/2 years experience
5- probably no racing but maybe a hare scramble or MX race in a year or two

I do all my own work and all the major players are within easy driving distance.

My youngest is riding a Wildfire 50cc throw away bike w/a 20" seat height. We're starting to ride in the woods more and I'd like something that is more durable. I ride a KX250 (sometimes a 500), my oldest rides a KX85. Our Kawi dealer also sells Suzuki and KTM.

I'm leaning toward a 2004-06 KTM Senior Adventure. It's light, powerful, has a 12" front wheel, good suspension, disk brake and I frequent the dealer for other parts. Right now, it would probably be too big for him, but he can practice in our yard until he feels comfortable enough to ride it in the woods.

Any input?????

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
One other option. There's a 2001 Husky Boy Jr for sale locally for $650. There are no dealers around here. Other than the 10" front wheel, it seems like a pretty comparable bike to the SR Adventure.

Are the clutches on these things woods friendly?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I can't speak to the Adventure, but I know my brother was always changing out the spring-washers in the clutch of his boy's SX pro-senior.

I would imagine the clutches in the Adventure and that Husky Boy would be more adapted to the trails.

Top Bottom