Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
OK guys/gals... this years a 'bit different, NBC will be there taping a one hour special this year... trams(3) will be taking people around... Davidv Knight has something to prove, he was beaten out at the EnduroCross in Lost Wages err ahh Las Vegas and the guy who beat hime will be @LMS along with several new Euro boys... it's going to be good!! :nod:

PS>> 5 Texas guys will be there...

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So do you think it will be more spectator friendly? I swore I wouldn't go back after standing around all day to see 8 riders, but if it's better I'd be willing. When is it?

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
yzguy15 said:
So do you think it will be more spectator friendly?

That's the word on the street. Its this weekend, December 8th.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It's supposed to be much better for spectators. First, they're going to make the first sections easier, then progressively more difficult. That way, most riders won't get effectively eliminated too early, as last year. More guys will be coming through the first few sections. Second, real trams for the spectators, and more of them, to haul us from section to section. Finally, it shouldn't be freezing cold like last year. Without those changes, I'd be out this year, but I'm going after all. I'm told that Red Bull gave the course marshals more free rein this year, so they made the course almost exactly the way they wanted it.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
jimmy,

you need to update your bikes. l u c k y

Ill finally be able to go to this one. Headed up Friday after work.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
yzguy15 said:
So do you think it will be more spectator friendly? I swore I wouldn't go back after standing around all day to see 8 riders, but if it's better I'd be willing. When is it?

Yes, they(RED BULL) are making spectators a priority this year... trams will be a big help along with the weather... the endurocross section is really neat this year... much better than last. Friday is the qaulifier which will be determining starting position... a row at a time will be taking off to keep course backlogs to a minimum. I'm excited due to having several people who can give Knight a run for his money! I can't remember exactly but 4 Germans(?), 3 UK(including second place finisher in '06 - Baybrook) guys and numerous others, with the Euro riders the level of expertise will step up substantially.

The section I'm working starts at the waterfall, hopefully I will see a few of you this year! This is my first year working the west side... I can't believe how many trails exist that I've never ridden!! GOOD STUFF! :laugh:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
If I can find someone else who wants to go I will be there.

Gas is too freakin expensive to make the trip by myself.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I can't decide: go riding, or go watch other people riding? Admittedly, them other people can ride pretty dang well, and I ride like a big, fat, ping pong ball/crash machine. Still, it's a tough choice.

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
Enduro_Nut said:
PS>> 5 Texas guys will be there...

This is the list of texas and Oklahoma riders I got from Red Bull.

Bailey, Cooper Durant , Oklahoma

Bohrer, Mike Denton , Texas

Bolling, colby boyd , Texas

Carey, Quintin Mckinney , Texas

Chedsey, craig Austin , Texas

Coughlin, Keir Wylie , Texas

Crouch, Matt Pittsburg , Texas

Crow, Clint Katy , Texas

Fryar, Dexter Conroe , Texas

Goin, A.J. denton , Texas

Gunter, James Willis Tx , Texas

Hoenshell, Clay Arlington , Texas

Holloway, Cutter MINERAL WELLS , Texas

Kirkpatrick, Cole Lubbock , Texas

Kolbensvik, Jeremiah richardson , Texas

Meador, Brady Broken Arrow , Oklahoma

Myers, Bob Oklahoma City , Oklahoma

O'Leary, Jeff Lago Vista , Texas

O'Leary, Shawn Round Rock , Texas

Ramsay, Caleb Weatherford , Texas

Selman, Kenneth Pflugerville , Texas

Southard, Bobby Elk City , Oklahoma

Vaughan, Bryan Pittsburg , Texas

Wilson, Rusty Pottsboro , Texas

Young, Josh Round Rock , Texas

Some other names of interest that will be there.

Russell Bobbit
Stephen Edmundson
Mike Metzger
David Knight
Chris Birch
Colton Haaker
Stephan Mueller
Kyle Redmond
Justin Williamson
TADDY BLAZUSIAK
Wayne Baybrook
Graham Jarvis-My source at Red Bull said they have not personally confirmed he will be there, but has been told he is coming.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Taddy has his number... he is the guy who has beat Knight this year!

Derek... hope to see you, really wanted to ride the 500 this year!

photojojo... almost sounds like a Faulk? Woder how well Edmonson will do??

JMD... hard one to call! I can't even begin to tell you how bad I going NUTS not riding this year.... ARGH!!!!! We need to go for a ride! Vintage has been fun but...

I'll be there Thursday pm.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've got too many sticks in the fire right now. Just busy is all.:(

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Mike Metzger? Its always interesting seeing those freestyle guys at events like this.

Has Travis Pastrana done anything on the Enduro side of things since his Erzberg run a few years ago?

photojojo

Jun 10, 2006
Proxy said:
Mike Metzger? Its always interesting seeing those freestyle guys at events like this.

Has Travis Pastrana done anything on the Enduro side of things since his Erzberg run a few years ago?

He went back in 2006 because he heard McGrath was going. He got scared that Jeremy would finish when he didn't so the challenge was on. Travis ended up somewhere around 10th I think, and Jeremy finished, but I don't know what place.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I will be there. I am suppose to have a spot in vendor row to promote Amsoil. My boss is paying for the spot. I not sure how long I wil stay at the truck once the race starts. Hope to see you all there. Stop by and give me a hard time.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
The Jasons (Cody's cousin and I) will be rolling in some time tonight at camp Grady.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Well... it was Taddy! Knight was a DNF due to pnumonia! Geoff Aaron was second!

David Knight was puking on the night course and had to withdraw, what a shame. The lead was back and forth throughout the the day with Aaron a distant third. Knight pulled out approx. a third the way through on the night course.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Enduro_Nut said:
Yes, they(RED BULL) are making spectators a priority this year
Well Red Bull drop the ball this year for the spectators . Spectators couldn't see anything at Texas Stadium, Triple threat , Joshua tree . Red Bull kept spectators so far back you couldn't see anything . The starts and finish was was the only good thing for the spectators to see . :yell: But I'm not putting any blame on the Red River Dirt Riders I think they did a great job this Year on putting the race on :cool:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
cdcracing said:
Well Red Bull drop the ball this year for the spectators . Spectators couldn't see anything at Texas Stadium, Triple threat , Joshua tree . Red Bull kept spectators so far back you couldn't see anything . The starts and finish was was the only good thing for the spectators to see . :yell: But I'm not putting any blame on the Red River Dirt Riders I think they did a great job this Year on putting the race on :cool:
I think the spectating experience was bittersweet. The trams made getting to the elements a LOT easier than last year. As a result, I think that created larger crowds at each element.

The waterfall was a great spectator spot that probably a lot of people didn't realize was there.

I was a bit miffed at the Texas Stadium spectating experience. There was plenty of room at the bottom that they were keeping people away from.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Glad I didn't go. I had progress reports from my pals at the race, and everybody reported it wasn't a great spectator experience. I'll watch it on television in about six months, I guess.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Don't fret Jim. I got an hour's worth of decent video shots that I'll hopefully have up either today or tomorrow. You won't have to wait for Red Bull and the SPEED channel to throw in 30 minutes of commercials.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Proxy said:
Don't fret Jim. I got an hour's worth of decent video shots that I'll hopefully have up either today or tomorrow. You won't have to wait for Red Bull and the SPEED channel to throw in 30 minutes of commercials.

No SPEED this year, NBC contracted RED BULL to shoot for them.

RED BULL has a team of risk management guys/gals who determine where people could watch from... I somewhat felt like a bully @ Texas Stadium keeping people back... on a good note, how did you like the obstacle course??

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Enduro_Nut said:
RED BULL has a team of risk management guys/gals who determine where people could watch from... I somewhat felt like a bully @ Texas Stadium keeping people back... on a good note, how did you like the obstacle course??

Well, in that case, they must only consider bikes a risk and not the roost they throw. I was probably down @ Texas Stadium when you guys were running people off, but I understand all of the staff was just doing their job. I've been involved in some crowd control before, and it does make you feel like a bully sometimes. Kudos to all of the volunteers though, it wouldn't be possible without them/you.

The obstacle course/enduro X was nicely done. Seeing #4 completely clear the concrete pipes was quite a sight :nod:

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Like I said no blame to the red river dirt riders . I think yall did a great job . But to Red Bull they suck . Hopefully NBC will do a good job this year . :cool: And it was good seeing you there enduronut

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
it's always a fine line... big corporate sponsor with deep pockets who can bring the big boys to town BUT risk management gets involved, or... no big race because no big funds... it's a catch 22....

At the end of the day I'm happy to see such incredible people do truly incredible things with a 230lb, 2 wheeled machine!

Hopefully you guys/gals were able to enjoy part of it and say WOW, I was able to see THE best 2 wheeled people in the world... That's part of my enjoyment in helping put on such a strange spectacle!

CDC... great to see you also, it's been way to long!!! Sorry I was unable to talk very long, this year we did it with 1/2(?) the staff... you now what it's like!

Top Bottom