buffalorider

Mar 26, 2005
I'm brand new to this site and thought to give it a try. I just recently stepped up to the '05 YZ250 after riding and racing the CRF450 at 40 years old. Never knew how much I was beating myself up. Anyways, since I like to wrench as well as ride, I am finding it very difficult to dump the fluid in my forks since the tools are very hard to find. I did manage to buy the fork cap ring wrench from MotionPro through my dealer but the inner ring nut wrench to get the valving out is a rare bird. Any help???

buffalorider

Mar 26, 2005
If you mean Race Tech, they do sell the big wrench (48mm) but the inner "cap bolt wrench" is the one I need. I have tried all kinds of searches on the web as well as **** an no luck. Just wondering how everyone else is dumping their fluid.

buffalorider

Mar 26, 2005
Right now no. K&L tools are the ones who market this stuff for dealers and there is a huge backorder for this item (as you can imagine) and no one I know who has a 2005 YZ250 has this tool. I am currently on backorder as well. I guess I can wait but thought someone here on this site may be able to inform me otherwise.

mop

Mar 28, 2003
Enzo Racing has the tool in two versions: one has a 19mm stem on it for a wrench, and the other has a 1/2 inch drive hole in it for a ratchet. Dunno how much they cost....go to their website to see them: enzoracing.com

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
mop said:
Enzo Racing has the tool in two versions: one has a 19mm stem on it for a wrench, and the other has a 1/2 inch drive hole in it for a ratchet. Dunno how much they cost....go to their website to see them: enzoracing.com

i couldnt see the tool, but them guys are making some pretty cool stuff. if only i had one of them recessed shock base plates when i was trying to get that damn 05KX to work.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom