Looking for bike help (again) this time it's for real

etjoyride

Aug 7, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)- 5'8 (maybe 5'9) 145lbs. my step-dad might ride it a bit as well so something that can handle 5'10 and 190lbs. would be nice
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? aggressive- paintball, downhill MTB, etc.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????- tracks (bot right away), trails and parks
4) Do you have any riding experience? 9-10 years of ATV riding and some light DB riding (80-110 CC)
5) Do you think you will race ? Hopefully
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Definitely will do basic work. and would be willing to learn more complex stuff
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I'm thinking 4 stroke 250 but my step-dad thinks it'll be to powerful, while i'm afraid a 125 2 stroke would get boring
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? all major brands
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? probably up to about 5k if things go as planned
10) Do you live in California? no, DFW, TX
11) Your age? 17
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I have been wanting to ride for years but my mom wasn't comfortable with bikes, now i have permission and can drive/tow.

I plan to start by riding around our ranch and some friends land to get down a good feel and then move on to ORV parks and some tracks.

Also, i'm really leaning towards a 4 stroke and could really use some facts to point out that it would be better for me then a 2 stroke 125.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…