Looking for Organizational tips for Camping

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
My wife and I are getting more into camping and discovered a helpful website that has compiled a list of things to bring when you go camping. I like to have things organized and easily accessible and am looking for any good ideas that would help along that line.

What tricks of the trade do you use to help organize your stuff when you go camping in order to make the camping experience more enjoyable?

Here is the link to the list I found. http://www.thatscamping.com/pack.pdf

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Great list.

I can't help but observe the importance of having a "folding shovel" when you bring the blowdryer, powerstrip, tv, radio, bathmat and showershoes, electric fan, plug in electric light and electric heater.

Oddly missing is hammer or screwdriver.. Or an electric generator.

At least they were comprehensive enough to include both a bottle opener and can opener. Priorities. :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
A powerstrip?! lol

I like the grill, propane AND charcoal

Oh and they forgot the chocolate bars and grahams

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Here's my list for camping.

tent, sleeping bag, cheese puffs, canned ravioli, soap, towel and beer. More than that and you are just adding unnecessary complexity to the situation. :)

granted my list has grown some recently, but the list I put down served me pretty well for years.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
While that is a pretty decent list I have to ask who blow drys their hair when camping? And a powerstrip? :think:

Rooster and I keep everything for camping in totes, in our bike trailer. One tote has napkins, plates, utensils, can opener. Another tote has pans and cooking utensils. We have a Coleman stove and a Coleman lantern. We also have an air mattress and pump, which we keep in a giant tote with our sleeping bags (Which are much easier than sheets and blankets, as the list tells you to bring - we just zipped to sleeping bags together and made one big one we can both fit in)

The totes are key, IMO, as even if we go camping without our bike trailer, we can easily take the totes we need and stack them neatly in my car.

And that list is missing THE most important thing - BEER! :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
squeaky said:
And that list is missing THE most important thing - BEER! :)
In my opinion the most important thing for camping is the motel key. :laugh:

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
I do the same as squeaky, keep most everything in rubbermaid-like stackable bins. That way I can have most everything ready to go at my house. And when done camping, it goes back in the bins. That way also I have been able to hone my camping gear and do stuff like... instead of having just matches in the kit, i have a small butane torch that is great for starting fires or whatever. Anyway, camp dedicated stuff has worked great for me.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
the best tip I have for oganization while camping is:

Yes, do it.

How can anybody else know what I want, when I am camping? (Except, of course, the beer!)

Did anybody put c**doms on the list? How about ____ ? Well, never mind, I don't want to go there.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…