Looking to build a pitbike... and might have found one

Slipzz

Jul 2, 2008
Looking to build a pitbike...help plz =)

Alright, i just got 2 CRF 230's, they're fun, but a hassle to haul and i live in a country/city area so i've decided to build a pit bike to play with =). So i was wondering what brand you guys think is best.

1) 6'/140lbs
2) Love to do freestyle and hit big ramps..so pretty aggresive.
3)Plan on riding with Friends/Street...w/e really
4) Yes, have been riding since i was 9
5) I don't plan on racing
6) I'll be doing some of the work, not all.
7) Need to know a good brand.
8) I have a couple dealer by me, mostly Yamaha though.
9) Can spend anywhere up to $2,000 on the bike
10) Michigan
11) 16

Slipzz

Jul 2, 2008
Found 2...advice

So i've reviewed quite a bit, and i think it's either between the SSR 125 C-4 or the SikkMx 125 pitbikes. But i've heard that the Sikk bike has some over heating problems and wat not. Any suggestions? Or any bikes you think i should look at. ONLY PIT BIKES..i already have bigger bikes.

May 10, 2007
you cant ride a pit bike on the street....

if you want to ride on the street just make one of the 230's street legal which cannot be that hard considering that they make a street legal version. you might be able to get an oem conversion kit of some kind or whenever i hear dual sport i heard baja designs so they would be a good place to look too.

Slipzz

Jul 2, 2008
Xr50 2000

This guys that lives near me is selling this bike for $750..i'm looking to make a nice little pit bike. Do you think it would be worth it to get a bike that is that old?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
the XR50 is the standard by which all others are measured, and the original that all others are cloned from.

take that for what it's worth.

Slipzz

Jul 2, 2008
Well, i think wat i'm going to do is go to my local honda dealer and pick up a new 2009 CRF50 and first off get

bar kit
h/d rear spring
h/d fork springs

to start, that'll put me around $1,700 and once i get a little more money i'll buy a red baron complete tall seat and a 88cc big bore.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Slipzz said:
Well, i think wat i'm going to do is go to my local honda dealer and pick up a new 2009 CRF50 and first off get

bar kit
h/d rear spring
h/d fork springs

to start, that'll put me around $1,700 and once i get a little more money i'll buy a red baron complete tall seat and a 88cc big bore.

Get his best price then call Service Honda and get their's, shipped to your door. 219-932-3588. Ask for AJ, tell him DRN sent you.
http://servicehonda.com.

Top Bottom