iwantakdx

Jun 18, 2002
Hi all, new to this forum!
Iv decided to put the old xr200 out to pasture and get a new 2 stroke! The 250 would be to big for me i think so im going with the kdx200. If any of you out there have got one of these bikes and would like to tell me what you think of it and how it performs etc. i would be much appreciative :D

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
If you are looking for an awesome trail/playbike or are getting into some type of woods racing then that would be a great move. I made the same jump from an 88 xr to a 93 KDX and it was a perfect step for me. I ride a lot of tight woods and have raced hare scrambles in the past and am on the verge of racing again on my new 220. If you are looking at doing more motocross type riding then I would suggest a motocross bike for you.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Welcome, I am new to the forums myself. This spring I picked up a '90 KDX200 through a friend of a friend of a friend sort of deal. The bike was in excellent condition and only required new rubber and having the suspension reworked to my height/ weight, etc. Additionally, I tore down the rear swingarm and greased all the bearings as a precautionary measure after reading a few threads in this forum. The bike is great in the tight trails and more open ORV routes here in Michigan where I ride. This is just my $0.02, but I have ridden ATV's for 12 yearsand I am really pleased with the bike and only wish I had found it sooner!

Good Luck!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If your budget is limited, the '89 to '94 KDXs are an excellent value and would be a big improvement in performance over your XR. If you've got the money, get a newer one, but the older ones are still tons of fun.

If you are getting a used bike that is not well maintained, you might need to replace items such as swing arm bearings, wheel bearings and linkage bearings. This can get pricey. Eric Gorr's book has a lot of excellent tips for what to look for in a used bike - you can find the book at Barnes & Noble or order online.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
u won't be sorry what a blast .the :) per dollar value can't be beat.
i have a 99 200 i could not be more happy with it .fab bike and this forum is a bonus on top of it along with the kdx site

Top Bottom