Cdndrtbk

Apr 7, 2002
I'm looking for some low end power, a bit more grunt to get the wheel off the ground. Does anyone have any feed back on exhaust systems, engine mods, etc... that may help me out.
Thanks

sosomechanic

Jan 8, 2001
Try one of the carb divider plates

I made one for my '03 RM 250 hoping to bulk up the low end and it made a very noticeable difference. Extended useable chugg range a good deal lower and really made the response clean and quick at low RPM's with more torque. Regards, Michael.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Changing the final gearing is the cheapest and easiest way to move the power to the low end.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
Ht Racing has the set-ups for that bike. They have options that are very cheap (around 100.00) to full on 351 kits for a very reasonable price.

BTW-it has been well documented that in stock form that the bike needs significantly lower gearing to perform with acceptable low end snap. 12/50 or 13/52-53 are fairly common choices (stock/no mods)

To give you an idea of how much power increase (351 kit w/head mods) some are then choosing 14/50 or 15/52 post big bore kit installation as it will pull it well.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
From what I have seen, that engine does not make serious wheelie power, even in slightly modified form. I think that more displacement is necessary.

Chris

Top Bottom