Low octane gas

250 phil

Jul 18, 2004
hey im having a heck of a time starting my bike and i was wondering if a lower octane gas would help it start easier.

i think it would work because i herd that higher octane gases are hard to ignigh but when the do they have more kick.

so thats opposite with lower octane right ?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The octane of your fuel is not the problem. You need to look elsewhere for the starting problem.

Last edited:

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
octane is an anti-knock rating and is harder to light and once it is lit burns slower-so lower octane has a bigger bang to it but does no good if it is lighting to early and causing a knock situation.however this is not your problem---you need to look in your owners manual not only will it give you a minamum octane that your bike requires but it goes into great detail about setting up your carberator as well as your choke---my guess is that your choke circut is to lean---read your owners manual,it is full of important information you need to know so you can set the bike up properly and it gives you service intervoles so you know how often to do what-this information is not found in the service manual you shold have both--set up right your bike should start in one to three kicks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
sunnyboy said:
octane is an anti-knock rating and is harder to light and once it is lit burns slower-so lower octane has a bigger bang

:bang: :bang:

sunnyboy from another thread said:
.it is to bad when sombody is asking for help and people awnswer who are lost them selves

:yikes: Words to live by sunnyboy ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…