Lowering help for kx60

tgift

Dec 3, 2001
I would like to lower my son's kx 60. I was thinking about having a shorter uni-trak link made. Has anyone tried this and if so how much shorter can I go without changing the handling to much.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Several companies already make them for the kx. you can even get one that is adjustable. I think they are about 1" shorter but that makes it a couple of inces in the saddle.

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I bought a Berg Racing adjustable linkage for ours it worked very well. The height can be lower considerably I think almost 4 inches and as the child grows it can be raised actually higher that stock. I think it was well worth the 79.00.

tgift

Dec 3, 2001
Thanks for the replies. I got an adjustable link and it works great.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
a lowering or raising link from bergracing is on E-B a y. item 1875538444. Not mine but just in case someone needed one.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
will these work on a '93 kx 60? i never knew there was such a thing. I bet my kid sure would appreciate it. does berg racing have a website?

thanks

T_bone_799

Sep 14, 2002
If u want to do something that is cheaper and less technical than the links, just take off the seat and take it to a person who works with fabrics and stuff and have them cut down the seat foam for ur son....my dad had it done and the dude even made a nice little low curved area for my dad's butt!:D

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by rybo3
will these work on a '93 kx 60? i never knew there was such a thing. I bet my kid sure would appreciate it. does berg racing have a website?

thanks

Yes they have a website and they do make them for the kx60's too.  website is www.bergracingusa.com they use flash so I could not direct link to the suspension parts.  just go to the minicycle section.

On my kids kind cobra we acutally did take some of the foam out of the seat but the problem was when we went to go back the foam was expensive and I didn't have the foresight to have them save the piece they took out.  Only cost $40 to have a new cover made and have some seat remvoed.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…