Welcome to DirtRider.Net
FREE FORUM MEMBERSHIP and NO ADVERTISEMENTS.
TURN-OFF THE ADS!

Help With Suspension/Sag

For starters, I don't know much about bikes, but I'm learning. Any tips would be appreciated!

Anyways, I recently bought a 2006 CR 125, and the guy I bought it from was 6' 4", I believe. I'm 5' 6" and roughly 145 pounds. It's hard for me to get onto the bike without leaning it over and hoping on the seat, and I can't get both feet on the ground. I haven't been on a track since I got it, but I have been doing a little riding behind my house; the bike just feels too tall. I've talked to the owner of a local shop I usually go to, and he recommended lowering the sag to fit me. He also said I could take the bike down to this guy he knows and he can lower the suspension. But I've read that lowering the suspension are bad on bikes? I don't know what the current measurements for the sags are, because the bike is getting a new head gasket. I just wanted to ask around to see what other people thought. Anything will help. Thanks.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Website
www.eric-gorr.com
Just saying your weight is good for a 125 but a 125 for a small person like you is unrealistic if you can't put your feet on the ground then you shouldn't be riding it I suggest to get a kx 100 or kx 85

I ride a 2001 kx 125 and I'm 5-10 or 11
And even I have some trouble getting my feet to touch so trust me you don't belong on the bike

Website
www.eric-gorr.com
Just saying your weight is good for a 125 but a 125 for a small person like you is unrealistic if you can't put your feet on the ground then you shouldn't be riding it I suggest to get a kx 100 or kx 85
He's the same size as Ricky Carmichael and the last time I checked RC managed to do OK on a 125.

Find PARTS, TOOLS & GEAR Close-outs and Deals from multiple dealer inventories.
Try It!