yo its matt!

Aug 26, 2000
the 03 corvette is using a shock fluid that changes its viscosity when a magnetic field is applied, does anyone know if any bike makers or suspension builders are looking at this technology?

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
There was an article about that way back in '92. I think Eric Gore published a news letter called Moto Tech. I remember reading about it in there. Maybe go to the advanced Tech forum and bend his ear a bit on it. They talked about fluid that changed it's properties when an electric field was applied.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Yeah thats a magnetic rheological fluid that changes visc. when elec charged. Carrera builds adjustable dirt car shocks with 9v controllers in the driver area . You can adjust damping on the fly . Their catalog shows more about it I think Carrera.com I think an English company called Lord has the rights to the fluid patent . We tested/ ran these in a big block dirt modified this year but couldnt say whether the expense was worth it .We ended up going bact to the adjustable GP shocks . I hear that lots of Outlaw and fast sprint drivers are trying it . More technology !

Top Bottom