bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Any bike you get will require maintainence if you ride a lot. Especially in the dirt and mud. KDX is probably one of the easiest bikes to maintain.

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
The KDX design (200/220) has been around for a long long time... I would think that if you were going to have problems, your chances of that would be far less than perhaps other designs/brands.

As far as maintenance is concerned I don't think a bike could get much simpler or easy to work on than a KDX... That isn't to say its a cinch to do everything, but relatively speaking, its pretty easy to do most things on it... I would be afraid to do work on a 4-stroke...

Good luck!

Feanor

03KDXHOPPER

Nov 23, 2004
Expect to order parts for it since it's not a KX or other popular selling bike, but it is indeed a bike model that has been perfected for years. 4 stroke behavior at 2 stroke maintainence cost... That's my observation.

I agree that any bike takes maintainence, though. If you're putting around, a KDX shouldn't need touched for several years (besides chain tension and changing oil/radiator fluid). If you're going to ride it often and hard, though, expect to follow some manual procedures and rebuild it once in awhile like any other bike.
What Feanor says about 4-strokes is true! Much harder to tune and work on!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom