slater10

Oct 14, 2004
Anyone have any ideas for making it easier for me to clutch on my 2003 KDX220, easy pull, MSR, Wirtz, any opionions on these systems or ideas would help. Thanks

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
If you've still got the original cable, it might be due replacement.
A new cable can make a night and day difference.

KI4CPE

Mar 14, 2005
Lubrication goes a long way. Try buying a cable luber and running some lube through the cable. Grease the pivot point on the clutch lever. As stated above, you can just buy a new cable. The cable luber can be had for about ten bucks. Then you will need a spray lubricant. After you get it, then lube the cables every time you service the bike. R. Shane Dudley

captbly99

May 30, 2005
I also needed to do the same thing to my KDX, so I called Jeff Fredette wanting to order softer clutch springs and he recommended cutting the clutch lever release shaft(not sure if that is the actual name) that comes up and out of your right hand clutch cover(see pic)
It worked great for me, I had my hubby take it to a metal fab friend of his to do the work, but if you are handy with a welder, you could do it. The extra metal piece added was about 1/8 thick by 1/4' to 3/8' long, not much. You might want to call Fredette to confirm before cutting up your shaft( I don't want to be responsible for giving out wrong advice, but it worked great for me and loved that little mod.

I would have posted a pic of it already done on the bike, but it was stolen 2 months ago :| I used to give it a shot of wd-40 when cleaning the bike cause it would rust alittle, but not much, wd-40 helped with that.

Good luck~
Michele

kdxclutchpic.jpg

Top Bottom