bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I tore my top end down last night after 40 + hrs. The piston had very very thin layer of carbon on the top, you can still read the letter stamped on the top.The rings looked excellent,smooth and still seated no blow by what so ever,not even on the top ring.The head was spotless, I mean nothing at all, I was very suprised.The power valve gears were coated pretty good,but not gummy normal with other oils.The sub exhaust valves had a good coating of oil on them,but not baked on, every thing was still operating smoothly.The main exhaust flap had hard charcoal carbon on it,which made it a little difficult to remove from the cylinder,nothing that wd 40 couldn't handle..The cover for the power valves had oil on them which is normal,but you could wipe them clean.I read alot of negative post's about using castor based oils,concerning the power valves,I know maxima put's a additive in their oil to aid against the castor running dirty and I can see the result's.I don't see what the issue is,The only difference i have seen was the exhaust flap had harder carbon on it,but was still operating smoothly.I could of wen't another 20+ hrs on this top end.I am very impressed with the 927,and I get no spooge,Which i think is a joke,I see post's about people getting spooge out of their silencer and pipe silencer junction,and automatically they think they have to rejet,or change their oil brand,even though their bike runs clean from bottom to top plus i think the harder you run your bike the hotter it get's which would burn the oil a little more. I am not trying to sound like joey motocross,but some of these guy's that have spooge problems just don't ride hard.These are 2 strokes all the oil is not going to burn completely,Plus we all use different gas with different additivesWHICH I THINK PLAYS A ROLE IN THE SPOOGE.Well I must say I am very confident with the 927. I know I am getting one of the best lubricant's for my top and bottom end ,being castor based,excellent protection.Plus a good rust prevention.For my application this oil is for me,I still can't believe the head was spotless. POWER VALVE ISSUES WHAT POWER VALVE ISSUES.

Last edited:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Plus a good rust prevention
How do you figure. Check the properties out for castor oil and you will find that it is hydroscopic (meaning it attracts water), along with the nasty deposit forming, phase seperation, and tuning problems inherint with castor based oils. Spooge is for the most part jetting related, but 927 will be more succeptable to spooge as it has a pretty high fire point plus castor tend to oxidize and gum instead of burn cleanly like synthetics. Castor was great in the 70's , but today synthetics have advanced beyond castors. Notice that Maxima newset oil K2 has not castor in it.

its nice to finally have some hard evidence for the stuff instead of just opinions thanks man
He said she said is not evidence.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
927 is not all castor,has syntehtic ester's also.I spoke with lechein, owner of maxima oil's he said that the 927 was a excellent rust prevention,Maybe not the castor doing the prevention.Deposit's what deposit's my head and piston were very clean the head was spotless.The powervalves were nothing out of the ordinary except for the main flap was a little hard to remove.The expansion chamber has no excessive carbon before it bend's.seperation what 35 degree's I alway's shake up my can's anyway and tank.What I found out with the intake port on the kx 250 how big and how it is shaped like's to leave vertical scratches on the piston and it is not the plating of the kx, it did it with replating too.I have 4 pistons and they are all the same I viewed my buddy's he has the same scratches a little lighter same spot on his 99.Since i been running the 927 the intake side of a new piston shows very little scratches compared to other oils I have used in the past,very noticeable difference.From what i have seen inside my motor may not be enough evidence for you I don't know what kind of evidence you are looking for,but I am very confident in this oil.EXCELLENT RING SEAL ALSO, :p DID I MENTION THAT BEFORE.

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by Speedway
Is the Maxima 927 a semi-synthetic?
Thanks for any replies

castor and synthetic ester's.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm with you on this one big red. I ran castor oil in my '90 YZ250 at 40:1 from the day I rolled it off the showroom floor. Every time I tore it down, I had the same type of findings you have with yours. I never once fogged the engine during the winter and had absolutley NO problems with moisture. The bike still runs perfectly well today, on Maxima.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
He said she said is not evidence

LOL. Yeah, it's called anecdote. My worst damn daily nightmare. :scream:
Hmmm, bwalker, I use Royal Purple, & the first time I fired it up it just screamed for the moon. The 'ol 5Honey's never been the same. A real firebreather. Ripped all the teeth off my rear sprocket. Before, I couldn't beat my buddy's nitrous'd/blown Raptor, but now. Well, he has no chance. Great stuff. And CLEAN. :aj:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
The 'ol 5Honey's never been the same. A real firebreather. Ripped all the teeth off my rear sprocket. Before, I couldn't beat my buddy's nitrous'd/blown Raptor, but now. Well, he has no chance. Great stuff. And CLEAN.
Five honeys are a bit tough on sprockets and tires, chains, chain rollers, but ther so much fun. I cant imagine not owning one. BTW I am really happy with mx2t. @ 3.50 a pint. My silencer is bone dry, inside of the exhaust is spotless, and it has had the same plug in it all season. BTW thi is with stock jetting with the exception of one step leaner pilot for temps above 70. Try running the same jetting in a 250 from 45-90. ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Try running the same jetting in a 250 from 45-90.

Hear, Hear! No can do, unless you like lots of spooge and changing plugs every ten minutes. My buddy has a 5hunney and rides all stinking year on the same plug and jets. I hate him. Maybe I should get me one of those 500AF thingys.

Top Bottom