SS109

Jul 27, 2009
Yep, scary stuff. That is why you have to actually know what you are working with and what it can do to you under certain conditions.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
This type of thing crossed my mind just last weekend when I was doing som welding. I needed to clean up the steel so I hit it with some paint thnner to get the heavy stuff and then brake cleaner to get any remaining stuff. I almost started after the surface seemed to have flashed but I thought "No, let's give it 10 minutes." not sure why that popped in my head but now I'm glad I did!!!

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
thank you very much for posting.
i do some welding and i try to be as carefull as possible but some things we just cannot control if we don´t know about it.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
My oldest son Ryan and his best friend used to weld a lot of chrome moly for an old hillbilly stock car guy. He was not real big on safety and health care. They were probably 14 years old, that was the greatest thing in the world, making race car frames? Ryan's friend has since died, probably unrelated. But, After showing this the second time, he does recall getting gassed, a lot. The seizure part hit me like a brick! Thanks again Dave! Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
waz da prublem i welled al da teme uasing tat stuf nver botered me :whoa:

But seriously now, that is some bad stuff. Allowing it to flash-off and dry doesn't work because it will collect in the pores of the metal and when heat is introduced, it will puff a toxic cloud of gas. Then, you wind up like Vintage Bob. :yikes: Just kiddin' Bob. ;) :rotfl:

Best thing is, just don't use it for anything that might have to be welded.

Thanks for posting oldguy.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol, 89er, I thought the kids were rubbing off on you for a minute when I read the first sentence.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom