Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
FYI...

I'll be going to this event on Sunday if anyone is interested...

(Separate from the International Motorcycle Show held the following weekend at Cobo - I'll be out of town for that one.)

More Info:

The Michigan Motorcycle Show at the Novi Expo Center. February 7, 8 and 9 (Friday 4-9 PM, Saturday 10 AM – 9 PM and Sunday 10 AM – 4 PM).

Bent Wheels CC will once again display the rider’s side of things, with collaboration with the Cycle Conservation Club. Volunteer help is needed to attend the display and talk with show-goers about off road riding in Michigan. Items planned to be displayed are: Literature from the DNR, trail maps as provided by the DNR, CCC map of Michigan, D-14 newspapers, Michigan Motorcyclist newspapers, Cycle News issues, TV with VCR.

http://www.motorama-michigan.com

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MW - Think you'll be able to make it to the show on Sunday? I couldn't remember when you said you had your surgery scheduled.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
See my PM. Surgery is not until that Monday, hope I can still make it to the Cycle world show at the Cobo!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MW - It's now clean!

BTW, I'm going to the Novi bike show on 2/9; I will be out of town skiing during the Cobo show.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Hey all,

I attended the motorcycle show last night. To be honest, I was disappointed in the amount of off-road booths. LaBaron Motorsports had a display of quads and go-carts, but the only dirtbikes were the two pumpkins the crew from Bent Wheels brought with them. It was good talkin to them and the video of one of their hare scrambles was fun to watch.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the feedback WildBill.

Sounds pretty weak offroad-wise. I'll probably still go just to get out of the house. Maybe stop by Galyans too and do a little wishful shopping...

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Like WildBill said, the show was heavily weighted towards street bikes. Spent about an hour and a half there.

Lakes Motorsports out of Waterford was there with a good sized offroad display. They had a pair of Asterisks there that I was able to check out. Never saw them in person before. Very impressive design and quality. Had them for $499 as part of a show special. The owner said that last year's show had more off-road displays.

There were also a couple of booths setup with those pocket road racers. Grown men race these little 50cc street bikes at 45-65MPH on tight and twisty go-cart tracks. Stock suspension supports up a 240lbs rider. Watching the race video they had playing, these things look like an absolute blast to ride. Weighing around 40-50lbs, with HP upwards of 13, these things fly around a tight track. Check em' out here: http://www.pocketracer.com or here: http://www.ttsmotorsports.com/Home.htm.

Spent some time at the Bent Wheels booth. The had a 300 MXC and 65 SX there. They also had a video running of a hare scramble from 1994 at their property in Rose City. I think the loop was around 10 miles, and it looked very muddy and rutted. I guess their property sits on an artesian well, and the loop is frequently wet and slick. The section I saw had about a 10" deep single track rut, and every rider that came though had their legs out fighting their way in the rut. Nice group of guys though. Got some info on the CCC Rites of Spring and the ORV Safety Training Class May 3/4.

MWEISSEN: Overall you didn't miss anything, and probably saved yourself a 4 hour round trip.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Still, it would've been good to see ya! Thanks for the report. Tomorrow's it! Hopefully I'll be done limping around after this!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom