Michigan Orv Trails

TOYOTA

Mar 2, 2004
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE ORV TRAILS OPEN IN MICHIGAN? I CALLED THE DNR AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW SO I CALLED THE LOCAL SHERIFF DEPT. HERE IN MUSKEGON MI AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW EITHER. I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT AND GET A TICKET. :eek:

RedThumper

Feb 29, 2004
I believe the local DNR branches are responsible for opening ORV trails (if they are gated trails). I was in the same dilema a few years ago, and I just called the local branch. If I remember correctly, it's around May 1st. Someone else may know for sure.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
TOYOTA said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE ORV TRAILS OPEN IN MICHIGAN? I CALLED THE DNR AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW SO I CALLED THE LOCAL SHERIFF DEPT. HERE IN MUSKEGON MI AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW EITHER. I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT AND GET A TICKET. :eek:

As far as I know the trails are open 24/7 year around Unless posted closed. Ive been trail ridding all winter with studded tires. :thumb:

If the snow is gone ride it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I think the only time you can't ride the trails is during deer hunting season (rifle). Even then you're allowed a few hours during the afternoon, but you'd really piss off some hunters. I say let them have their 2 weeks of the year and help keep the peace. Check the DNR site for details.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003

That is correct. The riffle deer hunters get there 2 weeks in the end of November. We get the rest of the year. Thats fair.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…