Mid-South harescrambles, Crofton KY Feb. 3

Blade

Spammer
Jan 4, 2002
He has around 600 acres of land leased for this race. Woods , some open fields and maybe a few rocks.

If the area gets more rain this week look for a possible cancel , the parking area is soaked right now.

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
I hope the race gets to go. I go through withdrawals when a race gets canceled. Hare scrambles are more addictive than drugs.:p

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
I don't think two weeks of sunshine would be enough to dry the course out. We've had too much steady rainfall this winter. I'm expecting a muddy race. The field behind my house is starting to look like the start at Maplesville. According to Scott on the MSWS message board, the problems with the parking lot have been ironed out and they are going to race.

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
It would be nice to hear something from someone, anyone. Somebody, (cough,cough) Mr. Ezell, doesn't want to answer his contact number.

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
i live about an hour north of crofton on kentucky - indiana boarder and i can tell you not to expect a dry coarse. the news this morning said they had about a 1" - 1.5 of rain in that area yesterday. i don't think it will be near as muddy as crab orchard but definitely expect slick trails with some bad spots.

Oct 10, 2000
I hate bad spots!!!!! I get stuck in them every time:mad:

Just put new plastic on the bike, I guess it will get broke in by the first turn. Anyone got some tearoffs??

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
Sure W4SB, just look for a red Jeep Cherokee w/ UTM parking stickers on the windshield and back glass, open trailer w/ a RM 125 and a XR 250. We should have plenty of tearoffs if you need some (they fit Oakleys).
I really wish that I could find out something definite about this race, as I have heard the promoter has issues w/ his parking. I would just like to be sure, even if it is only a 2 1/2hr. drive.
See ya'll there!

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I just talked to a lady on the phone and she said that they have told her that the corse would be "fine", it's the parking area they were a little worried about. It is a hay field that has been cut and it's a little soggy, I hope they have a tractor. That's all the info I got, see you at Crofton:)

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I'm so glad we went to this event, my buddy Will won 4strokeB and brother Don got 4th in 4strokeA. I ended up 10th in openB, but I realy had a blast, no excuses here I'm just not that fast.
Anyway Steve Ezell did a great job of promoting this event, the corse held up alot better than I thought it would, it wasn't completly mud, there was actualy some great dirt in between the nasty spots. The nasty spots all had ways around them, I like that and the terrain was very fun and tecnical.The only problem was the parking area, I bet we saw 20 poeple hungup, never saw so many Excursions throwing mud:eek:

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
14th in 0-200B was the best I could do. I just couldn't get going until my 3rd lap, but then it was just to late. Maybe I'll get back in the swing of things at Charlotte.

Top Bottom