fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I'm thinking about taking off a day for a track ride in the next couple of weeks at either Elsinore or Amago. I haven't taken my new bike out and I'm dying for a ride. Anyone interested?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I may be trying for a Friday ride this week at the track, I'll let you know.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Cahuilla would be the place to go, but they only have weekly track times on Tues. and Thurs. Saturdays can be a zoo, but it's still the best track around. I'm only off on every other Friday, so I miss the Cahuilla mid-week days. My next day off is the 24th and I'd be up for a track ride if I still have my bike. Chances are I'll have it all season, but we'll see. I haven't been to Elsinore in years, but do ride Amago from time to time. I'll keep an eye on the post.

Thanks Ed

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
What's are the temps out at Elsinore or Amago these days? Am I going to melt?

Dingoe,

I won't be able to for next Friday. But I'll keep the Fridays in mind cause I would like to hit Ocotillo sometime in November.

Is Amago open on Fridays? If so is it pretty crowded? I heard that they added another track. Is it an 80's track or Vets? It's been a long time but I checked out Amago once and the track looked pretty crazy like the big track at Elsinore. The Elsinore Vet track is pretty much my speed. How does Amago compare?

thanks,

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Passed Amago the other weekend on the way out to camp/ride Ocotillo Wells. I should have stopped the van, but it's costly these days with both of my son's and myself riding the track. Ocotillo was hot, but it was good to ride a little bit. I didn't take my bike, but I did ride and burn the clutch in my son's 125. I'm too heavy for such a small bike. I should have the new clutch today if all goes well.

As for Amago, last time I was up there it was June and the Vet track was nice. Hard packed but nice. It's more natural with a nice outdoor style uphill. They took the old Peewee track and expanded it. The main track has changed and it has the typical pushed up type jumps, tables doubles, etc. But very ridable even if you don't do the doubles, etc. That's unless they have changed it July/Aug. Last time I was up there on a Friday we only had a handful of riders and the track was always clear, no problems. My oldest was riding his xr100 at the time and he liked the main track best. I tend to say on the Vet track and was the only one on it all day.

Ocotillo in Oct/Nov. would be nice, let me know when you all are heading out. My buddy here at work said something about riding this weekend, but it would have to be early Sunday for me. I know a few guys that leave San Marco at about 5am on Sundays, just the get a ride in before 11 am or so to beat the heat. So it is ridable right now, but hot for sure.

We're just up the road in Fallbrook, so let me know when your riding and maybe we can hook-up.

Thanks Ed

crazyYZ

Oct 3, 2004
Hey if anybody here is planning to take a trip out to Ocotillo Wells email me if you can take an extra bike with you.

Alex

PS im dying to try out my new yz125 :ride:

Top Bottom