Mike Tyson! Now there is an idiot!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Again, not sticking up for the guy, but I did see a the hearing on Fox News today... the "Chair Person" made it pretty clear she didn't like him, lol. Pretty silly deal actually, she was making some seriously stupid comments that were not realative to rather he should box or not, spewing a lot of personal opinion, etc.

I would have liked to see the fight :mad:

And this:
The five-member panel voted 4 to 1 to deny a state license to the notorious heavyweight after considering his record of violence inside and outside the ring.
Wouldn't want prize fighting to turn violent now would we ;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
As the WBC will be sanctioning the fight, I guess it could always take place elsewhere, maybe another country, maybe somewhere in Africa !?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
And this:
Wouldn't want prize fighting to turn violent now would we ;)

C'mon, there is a difference between the naturally physical/violent sport of actual boxing and the prison mentality that Tyson brings to the ring. The guy is dynamite waiting to go off and his episodes are getting increasinglyviolent.

Everybody wanting to write this guy a free pass to see him box/cash in on a multi-million $$$ payday is perpetuating his downward spiral combined with his determination for self-ruin.

The guy is a perfect example of prison law in action. It is probably where he should be-lord knows his state of mind is already there.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Not a shot @ you Okie, I just get tired of hearing about this dude getting a gozillion chances.

Boxing as a sport, we all know is the art of physical jousting with the fists. Even this sport has rules. Tyson treats the sport like the does everything else-no regard for opponent, rules or anything that will impede his immediate satisfaction. That is prison mentality-I want so I take and I'll hurt you if you get in my way.

I just get tired of people getting free reign to do as they please (like a 3 year old) because we, "the paying public", get off on it.

Didn't mean to quench the ol' humor, but this guy is a mess.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I agree with CR Swade. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don't watch boxing, but I can appreciate everyone else's enjoyment of the sport--that's fine. However, Tyson has proven time and again that he can't control himself outside of the ring, period. He sets a horrible example for the sport, and his tirades shouldn't be encouraged by letting him fight ANYwhere, Nevada or otherwise. Unfortunately, the whole blow up that he had the other week will probably just bring more people to PPV to see if he does something else stupid when he does fight. And I have no doubts that some location will see this as a prime money making opportunity, and promote the fight. And thus the vicious cycle continues. The WBC should be highly embarrassed for even admitting this man is part of their sport.

Me, I'm just disgusted. (climbing down off soap box...)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
from a few comments I have read, it's like some people think a boxer is going to be some kind of rocket scientist. Let's not fcrget that when you really break down boxing, it is just pure self mutilation. While I will admit that I like to watch it occasionally, I feel like it is really a stupid human trick on the part of the participant.

Yes, I know the top guys make good money doing it, but what about all the others? After their career is over, their brain is mush from all the punishment.

When we ride dirt bikes, we avoid concussions at all costs. In boxing, that is the goal (ko)!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
A man does not need to be a rocket scientist or a mental giant of any sort to hold the basic human traits that good and decent folks live by. A real man will not only practice at being the very best he can be at his advocation, but he will also practice being a good sportsman-as well as a good human.
Granted boxing is a brutal sport, but there is no excuse, none at all, for not behaving properly both in the arena and out.
It saddens me that we place the most indecent, criminalistic, a-wipes on a pedestal and pay them big money to boot.

Tyson is not a victom of any sort of past experiences in life. He is his own product, as we all are.

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Yeah I tried to cut him some slack but he is just an idiot!

Though I don't think he raped that girl, but you never know. I heard there are two more women pointing the finger at him.

If he is a rapists then someone just put a bullet in him.

Sincerely,

Riz

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
True, Jaybird.

I heard the transcript of his outburst on the radio this morning, but actually they had to say "rhymes with" or bleep out most of it.

He probably couldn't do WWF...couldn't read/follow a script, and his temper would get the best of him.

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
He probably couldn't do WWF...couldn't read/follow a script, and his temper would get the best of him."

I agree. He doesnt have the brain power to be a WWF wrester. (Did I just say brainpower while referring to WWF wrestlers :( :( )

Just goes to show you how dumb Tyson is.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
If Tyson didn`t have boxing he would probably be serving prison time for being so damn stupid. As for the WWF he doesn`t have the brain power to do a well choreographed live stunt show. Those guys are alot smarter than their charactors lead you to believe. It takes alot of physical and mental ability to do what they do.

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Splatt,

Yeah those guys are talented. Their is an old saying that says it takes a smart person to act dumb convincingly.

I just thought it was funny,

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
nah, got it off then net, did a google search for "mike tyson cartoon"

Attachments

• mtm.jpg
    mtm.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 129

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
Bundu, I really dont want mike tyson coming here. As far as I'm concerned he is not welcome and can stay where he is.

demographic

Jan 21, 2002
The bloke who said Tyson was stalling seems about right to me as Tyson Tenbellies looks like he has eaten too many pies :scream: .But I am English and think Lewis will kick his fat arse(just dont tell tyson I said that:eek: )all around the ring. Cheers:)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
It's all a hype!

Okie, I'm sure you remember the King of Hype in football, Brian Bosworth. Does anyone remember when he slammed John Elway on National TV by calling him a Mr. Ed look-a-like. All of a sudden these Boz Buster t-shirts were selling like hotcakes all over Denver.

Funny thing was, if you looked at the tag, they were marketed by the 44 Blues Company, which was owned by none other than Brian Bosworth. That's right he marketed the Boz Buster shirt and made a fortune.

Unfortunately Tyson isn't that smart. You have to beleive the Don King and his minions are behind it and laughing... all the way to the bank. :mad:

Top Bottom